Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

Review: Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds

Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds by David Goggins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

David Goggins could not have chosen a better title for his book. This is the tale of a man who turned his life around to become a Navy SEAL and a world-class endurance athlete. Considering all his feats, he comes as a superhuman. His story is inspirational as well as cautionary. The level at which he operates, the pain he subjected himself to and his drive are definitely inspirational. The way he ignored his body's warning signs at times is cautionary. The liberal use of swear words in the book also does not make the writing elegant. However, I don't think that's what the author had in mind. The book is hard hitting and honest. This is guy is no b*********r. It gave me a new perspective on pain, and its role in our life. The wisdom Goggins espouses in this book is product of his first hand experiences. At the end of the day, I would count this as one of the better books I have read.

View all my reviews

No comments: