Pages

Monday, August 6, 2018

Review: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Absolutely worth a few ****s of mine

When I started reading this book, I was quite annoyed with the liberal dosage of the f word and the s word. I am the kind of person who drops in these words during normal conversation quite often, but reading it in a book seemed annoying for some reason. But I carried on. And soon, I realized that besides the hype over his using fuck and shit, the book has real substance and a refreshing honesty. It is a book for the generation that is hooked to technology, has abundance of opportunities and a general sense of purposeless-ness. What the author has to offer has been said many many times before in many different ages by scores of great men and women, but the way he says is quite unique and packs a punch. Perhaps, the f word is there to attract readers. It is a very competitive world and fortunes are made on the art of capturing user attention. Whatever be the reason, I am so glad I read this book and that it made a positive impression on me. As the author says, from your limited supply of ****s, spare a few for this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: